Trying to spend less doesn't mean that your family wants to just stay at home. Get out, get active and keep your money in your pocket while your family has fun -- for free. If you know of other places that offer great freebies for families, we want to hear about it! Please send us an e-mail with all the details.
- Milwaukee County Zoo: The zoo's Family Free Days are a great way to have fun and save, and look out for other specials -- dad gets into the zoo free on Father's Day, for example -- to keep costs down.
- Betty Brinn Children's Museum: Come to the museum for WaterStone Bank & FOX 6 Neighborhood Night and admission is free from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month.
- Milwaukee Public Museum: A museum visit is a fun way to spend the day and admission for Milwaukee County residents is free each Monday. A valid I.D. is required to show proof of residency. Additional charges apply for the Humphrey IMAX Dome Theater, Daniel M. Soref Planetarium and special exhibitions.
- Milwaukee Art Museum: Thanks to Target, the Milwaukee Art Museum has free admission the first Thursday of each month.
- Mitchell Park Domes: Milwaukee County residents can visit the Domes for free on Mondays between 9 a.m. and noon with proof of residency. Children age 5 and under get in free any day of the week with no residency restriction.
- Jelly Belly: Do you have a sweet tooth? A visit to Jelly Belly may fix your craving. Free tours are available at the Pleasant Prairie location Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Miller Brewing: Visit one of Milwaukee's historic locations and see how beer is made! Tours are free as well as the beer, (for those 21 and older) soda, peanuts and postcards.
Don't forget to check out our events calendar for many other fun family activities that are free of charge at your local libraries and businesses!